Undergraduate courses in the Department of Art & Design are currently organized under the following five plans within the BA in Art:
- Plan I - Visual Studies is an interdisciplinary plan with an emphasis on exploring intersections between art and the public, historically and in the present.
- Plan II - Studio Art offers a broad array of classes categorized under 2D Pictorial and Photographic Arts, 3D Spatial Arts, and Digital Arts so that students may work in an interdisciplinary mode or choose an emphasis.
- Plan III - Art History through both survey and thematic courses, offers the student an understanding of art and design's development through the ages and around the globe, exploring social and political themes and connections.
- Plan IV - Graphic Design students are prepared to participate in the ever-changing design field, both in print and on the web.
- Plan V - Graphic Design & Marketing has additional courses in business communications, economics, accounting, management, and public relations.