Advising holds

As soon as native students (those who have attended CSUSB from the freshman year) declare English as their major, they will be required to obtain advising from the English Department through a registration hold. Another hold is placed on their registration when they have taken 55 units of coursework. For transfer students, this requirement will take effect as soon as they are admitted.

Help with advising

  • Students should bring a copy of their PAWS report to any advising session during the quarter. Most advising for undergraduate English majors can be done on a “walk-in” basis.
  • Check the list of faculty advisers posted on this page and on the bulletin board outside the department office (UH 334).
  • Advising is also available from EPIC (English Peer Information Center) for undergraduate English majors. EPIC is located in UH 301.49 and its hours are also posted on this page, outside the department office, and outside EPIC’s office. Some EPIC hours occur in the College of Arts and Letters Advising Office, UH 203.
  • Advising is also available from the College of Arts and Letters Adviser, Sara DeMoss.


Summer 2017 Advising

Note: Fall advising schedules will be available early in Fall Quarter.

  • If you need advising during Summer 2017, you can drop in the College peer advising center in UH 203 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 10:00 am-5:30pm, or make an appointment with the College adviser Sara DeMoss: Office: UH-203; Phone: (909) 537-3802; Request an Appointment