- Quarter to Semester (Q2S) video
- Quarter to Semester (Q2S) fact sheet
- Worksheets for the Semester System English Major
- Road Maps for the Major
- Descriptions of variable topics courses
- Online University Bulletin (Course Catalog)
- Academic Scheduling: online class listing
- Directed Self Placement (DSP) for First-Year Composition Courses
- Planning to Teach? (ETPP: English Teacher Preparation Program)
As soon as native students (those who have attended CSUSB from the freshman year) declare English as their major, they will be required to obtain advising from the English Department through a registration hold. Another hold is placed on their registration when they have taken 55 units of coursework. For transfer students, this requirement will take effect as soon as they are admitted.
Help with advising
- Most advising for undergraduate English majors can be done on a “walk-in” basis. Check the list of faculty advisers posted on the bulletin board outside the department office (University Hall 334).
Students who need advising should bring a copy of their PAWS report.
- Advising is also available from the College of Arts and Letters through CAL Peer Advisers on the second floor of University Hall
- If you have questions about advising, contact the English Department Office at (909) 537-5824