"To serve as a model of transdisciplinary study that fosters student inquiry and learning using a breadth of intellectual approaches and knowledge to enable students to critically engage with our diverse and complex world and meaningfully contribute, with purpose, to the public good."
"Mussolini and the fascists made us understand that obedient human beings are dangerous human beings. When we decided to build a new society afterthe war we understood that we needed to have schools in which children dared to think for themselves, and where children got the conditions for becoming active and critical citizens." -Renzo Bonazzi, Reggio Emilia's Mayor from 1962 to 1976
Did You Know.....
Liberal Studies students have a higher GPA than the university average.
Liberal Studies students complete more units per quarter than the university average.
Liberal Studies students graduate at a higher rate than the university average.
7.8% of CSUSB's undocumented student population are Liberal Studies majors.
71.2% of all Liberal Studies students are Hispanic. That's 13.2% higher than the university average.
- PAF Winter 2019 Deadlines
- Special Education: November 26, 2018
- Multiple Subject: November 15, 2018
- Cal State Apply Winer 2019 Deadlines
- Special Education: November 5, 2018
- Multiple Subject: November 5, 2018
Check back soon for the latest updates
Finals are Coming!
Helpful Study Tips:
2. Spread you studying! Pair twenty minutes on of study with five minutes off. This five minute break allows for the time your brain needs to move information from short term to long term memory, optimizing not only future recognition but retention of information as well.
3. Test yourself! Go over information in ways that don't include simply skimming notes. Everytime you force yourself to remember something, and do, the information becomes progressively more enduring. You may think you're familiar with the material, but until you try and retrieve the information from memory, you won't know where those gaps in your knowledge really are.
4. Teach others! Learning material with an intent to teach ensures that the material is actively understood and stored away in memory, not just passively looked over.
- Math Tutor and PALS employee Jason Cannon has passed his CSETS! A tremendous round of applause for Jason. Everyone at the PALS Studio is proud of his accomplishment!
- PALS Advisor Lorinda Maya passed the science subset one for her Single Subject Credential Program! Congradulations Lo! You're going to make a fantastic science teacher!
- We have four December birthdays in the PALS Studio! Wishing PALS Advisor Griselda Caudillo (December 6th), Martin Garcia (December 12th), Sarah Coblentz (December 21st), and Maddie Hall (December 26th) a happy, happy birthday!
P.A.L.S. Studio and Student Lounge Hours
Please note that all students seeking advising must read and understand the following:
ALL PALS advising is strictly unofficial. As a student, I am responsible for knowing the University's regulations. I am responsible for taking the correct courses necessary for graduation and monitoring my university career.