March 15, 2019 California State University, San Bernardino will host the annual High School Theatre Festival from 8 am to 4 pm.
The Theatre Arts department student club, Players of the Pear Garden, sponsors this annual event. The festival will introduce high schools students to theatre on a college campus. Activities and interactive workshops lead by Theatre Arts department students include: areas of design, performance and demonstrations of theater technology. Invitations to local Inland Empire high schools are ongoing and will continue throughout the quarter. Registration information will also be available from the student group webpage link. The cost of the festival is $10.00 per student. Questions regarding registration information can be directed to Scott Kruger, email@example.com.
Click Here to Download the Save the Date Flyer
- What day is HSTF? This year’s festival is being held on Friday, March 15, 2019
- What is the HSTF schedule? Our exciting schedule will be announced soon, but you can expect performances and monologue Competition in the morning, with workshops in the afternoon. The day begins around 8am, and finishes no later than 4pm.
- How much does the HSTF cost? We ask a $10 fee per student to help with the cost of space rentals and workshop materials
- When can i register my school? Registration packets will be sent out January.
- Will lunch be provided for my students? We do not provide lunch, but CSUSB has several accessible eateries, or have a picnic on the lawn!
- Can my students perform at HSTF? Yes! Schools can submit scenes, and there is also a monologue competition.
- How can i find out more about the csusb season of plays and musicals? Visit theatre.csusb.edu anytime!
Tentative 2018 Workshops
- Musical Theatre
- Lighting Design
- Audition Technique
- Sound Design
- Tap Dance
- ...and many more!