Many other scholarship and grant opportunities for world language study and study abroad exist. These range from small grants of $500 to full working salaries.
Be sure to check, too, with the campus Financial Aid Office for local scholarship opportunities.
Pat Tillman Foundation
Website: Pat Tillman Foundation
The Tillman Scholars program supports our nation’s active-duty service members, veterans and military spouses by investing in their higher education. The scholarship covers academic expenses, including tuition and fees, books and living expenses.
The Hispanic College Fund Scholarship
Contact: Monica Raugitinane
Web Site: The Hispanic College Fund Scholarship
Scholarships range from $500 to $10,000 and will be awarded for the academic year.
To be eligible to apply, students must fulfill the following requirements*:
- Be of Hispanic background
- Maintain a 3.0 Grade Point Average (on a 4.0 scale)
- Have graduated from high school in the U.S. after attending at least 3 years
- Reside in the U.S. or Puerto Rico
- Plan to enroll in a fulltime undergraduate, and in some cases graduate.
- Demonstrate financial need
Middlebury Language Schools Scholarships
Language Schools Scholarships for Students attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Hispanic Serving Institutions, or Tribal Colleges
Contact: Elizabeth Karnes Keefe
In the summer, the Middlebury College Language Schools offer scholarships for students enrolled at Historically Black Colleges, Tribal Colleges, and Hispanic Serving Institutions. Recipients of these scholarships will receive funding to cover the comprehensive fee (tuition, room/board) for one summer of language study. Applicants for this scholarship should have strong demonstrated interest in any of the ten languages taught-Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, or Spanish-and must have the support of their home institution.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The scholarship is open to any student currently enrolled full-time at a Historically Black College or University, a Tribal College, or at a Hispanic Serving Institution, regardless of citizenship.
- Students must meet all requirements for Language School admission.
- Because these scholarships are limited and competitive, students are strongly encouraged to also apply for regular need-based Middlebury College summer financial aid.
*Some scholarship programs may have additional eligibility requirements
Useful Scholarship Links
- FAFSA and Financial Aid Guidebook
- DAAD: Information for Foreigners
- Grant Search
- The Hispanic College Fund Scholarship
- IIE Passport Study Abroad Funding
- International Education Programs Service
- Vistawide World Languages & Cultures
- Financial Aid for Minority Students
- Scholarships for Minority Students
- Scholarships for Hispanic Students
- Prestige Scholarships for College